Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lord willing and the creek don't rise...

...we should have some news by Tuesday regarding the present "paperwork issues" related to our darling Y. Trying hard to not get my hopes up, but seriously, how do you do that?

Here are this week's juicy tidbits on her ever emerging cuteness: N informed me that she is left-handed. Good to know. She will join the likes of Barack Obama, Oprah, Ringo Star and other left-handed wonders.

N said that Y decided to draw a family picture this week. She scribbled some stuff on paper and ran around screaming that her mother was Rahel and her father was "you" for N. Sigh. As cute as this is, it is a bit sad for this stage of our journey. Obviously she has been told more than we would have liked her to know, but I also honestly believe that she deeply feels a connection and longs for family.

My real feelings right now? I have a good vibe. I really do feel like we are going to get positive news this week. I even debated about posting this because we have had so many false alarms. But ultimately that is what this blog is for; the whole journey thing. Sharing with others what is really up; both the good and the bad. For now, I am thinking it's gonna be good. For reals this time.

5 comments:

Stacy Peterson said...

Ahh... I can't wait to hear more. My gut is there with your gut (as much as it can be)...

Just bring her home already!! :)

Praying for you!

Rebecca said...

I am hoping for really reals! I hope that the world can make sense and that your daughter will be home with you soon. I am with you. Sending you lots of love and super good vibes to the Universe. Let this be!!!

Maribeth said...

I have been watching anxiously since we returned from vacation, hoping that I was reading good news between the lines. Fingers crossed, prayers sent. I'll email soon.

Tanya said...

Praying for you on Tues.

Unknown said...

Ahhh fingers crossed for you!